Information about us
We provide Land arrangements for meetings, incentive conferences and events.
Unless we have agreed otherwise in writing with you, we are the "data controller" for the purposes of Greek laws 2472/1997 protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data; Law 3471/2006 protection of personal data and privacy in the electronic telecommunications sector and amendment of law 2472/1997 and the "controller" for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation when the GDPR comes into force on 25 May 2018.
Your consent to information we collect about you
When you provide us with your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
The information you give us relating to your meeting, conference or event may include but not be limited to:
- phone numbers
- email addresses
- organisation or company name
- financial and credit card information
You may also give us information regarding your employees, representatives or customers for the purposes of planning and organising land arrangements and delivery of our services.
Website contact form
When you contact us directly via our website we ask you to provide an email address so that we may reply to you.
How we use your information
When you provide personal information to us, you consent to the use of that information. We may use it for any of the purposes described in the privacy statement, or as stated at the point of collection (or as obvious from the contect of collection), including:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us;
- to plan and organise meetings, conference and events
- to process and acknowledge any job application that you may make
- to send out updates and newsletters
- to respond to enquiries
Legal basis for processing your information
We rely on one or more of the following processing conditions in order to process your personal information:
- our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our business (provided these do not interfere with your rights);
- to satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject; and
- to perform our obligations under any contracts that we have agreed with you.
- if you have agreed to us processing your personal information for the relevant purpose where no other condition for processing is available or relevant
Sharing of information
We may disclose your personal information to our employees, associates or consultants or suppliers as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in the privacy statement or in the terms that we have agreed with you.
We may be required to transfer personal data to third parties and suppliers such as, port authorities, airlines, transport providers, hotels to process information on your behalf.
We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, regulatory, or other government agencies or to other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation.
Marketing and unsubscribing from marketing
Kipling Events communications may include updates and newsletters. If you subscribe to any newsletter, you will receive emails known as newsletters, we will only provide you with such marketing materials if you have provided consent for us to do so.
We will accept, acknowledge and maintain your requests to opt-out of future communications whether through email, telephone, mail or fax.
If you want to unsubscribe from mailing lists, you should look for and follow the instructions we have provided within the relevant communications to you.
If you do not wish to receive emails or marketing communications from us, you can at any time contact us to request that such communications cease. If you choose to unsubscribe from any or all mailings, we may retain information sufficient to identify you so that we can honour your request.
Rights in relation to your information
You may have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information;
- object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissable basis for processing).
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorised persons are provided access to personal information that we collect; such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
Although we are committed to ensuring that your information is kept secure, no security system is guaranteed to be completely secure. Whilst we strive to protect your personal information, Kipling Events cannot guarantee or warrant the security of our services.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information only if it's required for the purposes for which is was collected, or as required to do so by law.
Visiting other sites
The Kipling Events website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these websites. Any links to other websites does not mean that Kipling Events endorses or accepts any responsibility for that site.
How to contact us
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection regulator. In the first instance, please do contact us if you have any complaints and we will try our best to make things right.
We may update this privacy statement at any time by publishing an updated version on our website. So you know when we make changes to this privacy statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended privacy statement will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to review this privacy statement periodically to be informed about how we are protecting your information.